Movies

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I've never really understood why, but I get in random movie moods. Sometimes, Mel & I will go a good 3-4 nights straight watching a movie and others we'll go a good 3-4 weeks with out watching one. For example, we're watching Home Alone on TV right now and its entertaining! Havent seen it in a quite a while and even though I don't consider it to be an old movie, its actually 16 years old! That boggles my mind because I can remember when it came out in the theaters.

Speaking of, we dont go to the theater a whole lot anymore. Particularly because prices are steep for the admission, snacks, etc. LOTS easier to wait a month or two for it to hit DVD and rent it or buy it for just as much as a 1 time showing on the big screen.

My brother, nephew, Mel & I went and saw "Flushed Away" a new animated film last week and I must say, it wasn't too bad! Cy was zoned in to the massive screen and his bag of popcorn. So, he was entertained for obvious reasons and we were entertained by the comedy of the film -- enough "adult humor" to make it funny.

I think theaters are great, but the more expensive they get, the less people will turn out for the shows. Its hard to find a theater anymore that is well kept, and just plain clean. I'll stick to my home theater set up and have control over the shows I watch in the comfort of my own home!

To close, I think I'd recommend "Flushed Away" to those who are remotely interested. I just dont know that I would see it in the theater though.

Adios for now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, you can spend close to $40 for a couple just to go out to a movie. It's rediculous!