Olympics Part 2

Thursday, August 14, 2008

So as Phelps gets ready to earn his 6th gold medal of these games, I am ready to see if the women's gymnasts can take the gold in their competition. The team couldn't do it, but I think these individuals can.
We're sending our two best girls out there & I'm pretty sure they're stable enough to get the job done. They were really the only two to come to play during the team competition.

I can only imagine how Alicia Sacramone felt when she fell off the vault -- what you saw there was absolute let-down. You could see in her face she was so upset with herself. I wonder what that must feel like. I'm not really sure that anyone can explain to me in real terms what it feels like to fail in your last Olympics, almost quit the sport, change your mind, train for 4 years to get back to prove yourself & the world that you're the best at what you do. Only to fall of a 4 inch beam before you really even get started. I can't even begin to fathom.

On a lighter note, since they're in China -- I don't know if you've ever seen the following panda video:



One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

0 comments: