Michael Vick

Friday, August 24, 2007

Normally I don't weigh in on current events much, I don't usually like to put my opinion out there on different things - I usually keep to myself, but this one I can't really help.
The entire fiasco that is Vick's involvement with dogfighting is disgusting. Not only for the pure fact that the idea of dogfighting is completely ridiculous, but also that he is one of the highest paid football players in the world jacks up the retardedness of this story exponentially. I just don't understand why athletes who get paid an insane amount of money would take their skills, money, lifestyle, etc for granted. There is absolutely no reason for Michael Vick to have anything to do with dogfighting. As a matter of fact, there is no reason for a bum off the street who conjures up just enough money in his li'l cup to have any involvement in a dogfight.
What joy is there to watch two beasts attack each other to the death? I'm no fan of pitbulls to begin with, but why on Earth would someone pay to see these animals kill each other? Im sure its not even the majority of pitbulls who rip the faces off little kids when they get out of their cages, but the fact that these animals are KNOWN for this behavior & people still breed them to be violent is beyond me.

Michael Vick deserves every bit of punishment he recieves. He seems to me to be one who gets away with just about anything because he's an exciting football player. He's had run-ins with airport security before & other incidents that ended up with a slap on the wrist -- IF that.

Honestly, I never thought he was that great of a football player to begin with. Sure hes fast, hes pretty exciting to watch. But he SUCKS as a quarterback more often than he doesn't. I've seen him give a stadium full of people the finger. What a mature guy. Dogfighting is right up there with flippin' off 70,000 people who PAY his contract directly or indirectly.

Again, this is my personal view on the subject, but Michael Vick doesn't deserve the $130,000,000 (weird to see it like that) contract that he has. He blew that entire contract & the privilege to play the game "he loves" when he first thought in his mind that being involved with dogfighting was a good idea. Way to go Mike, way to be one of the most selfish, egotistical, morons on this planet.

Until we meet again....

0 comments: