Stay classy, Greenwood Park Mall Starbucks.

Monday, February 09, 2009

I don't claim to be a connoisseur of coffee. But I'm not beyond mixing it up at Starbucks every now & again. I know what venti, nonfat, macchiato means.

But this morning, I was waiting for my grande Espresso Truffle (horrible for me, I know) & another customer came in & not to be rude, but he didn't really look like he had ever been in a Starbucks before. Which is no big deal...but what he said & the whole interaction, made me laugh.

He walked up to the barista -- he browsed the menu & settled on the most familiar thing...

Customer - "I'll have a Java Chippy frappa-thingy"
Barista - "Java Chip Frappuchino? What size?"
C - "Does that have the chocolate chips in it?"
B - "Yes sir, what size would you like?"
C - "abruptly, "the middle one, medium I guess? Thats kinda like a hot chocolate?"
B - "well, sorda....we do have regular hot chocolate"
C- "does it have chocolate chips in it? nah nah, I'll stay with the Java thing."
B - "ok, a grande Java Chip Frappuchino?"
C - "whoa whoa, grande?! I said medium"
B - "grande is medium, sir. Here's the cup."
C - "that'll be fine, I'll do that."

I took my cup, grinned, & headed on my way.

0 comments: