Today was different...

Monday, January 26, 2009

So today, as I was running late for work, I said my goodbyes to Mel & Ethan. Sometimes I do it vocally (if they're awake) but usually its a kiss on each head, then out the door. Today was different.
Li'l guy was up & he was on the couch with Mel. I said goodbye, gave a peck to each of them & as I raised up to walk away I saw E reach up to my face with both hands.
Its not new for him to reach for me or Mel, but this time it seemed as if he was saying, "No dad, don't go to work today." His newly-awaken face had yet to take shape & his eyes were still tired.
It got me thinking on the way in to work that soon he'll be able to SAY, "Daddy don't go to work!". They grow so fast!

Love you, buddy...I'll be home soon.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comments:

Ryan and Heather said...

That is too cute. I'm sure Ethan loves his Mom and Dad so much. We took a peak at the photo gallery, and he is SOOOOOO CUTE!!! What a happy little boy. :)