Happy New Year!!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

After logging in, I see that this is my 100th post! Pretty cool! Thanks to everyone who visits. Hope you keep coming back often!

I have to tell you about this. If you don't know who motocross rider Robbie Maddison is, then you need to find out. On New Years Eve, Red Bull & EXPN (yes, EXPN - its ESPNs extreme sports side) helped him set a world record by jumping his motorcycle onto the top of the replica Arc de Triomphe in Las Vegas. I'll be honest, I didn't watch this event live, but DVR'd it. I went back & watched it the other night & let me tell you -- you have to see this.

Not only did he jump it ON TO the Arc, but he also came down. After leaving the ramp he soared 96+ feet up to land on top, then fell 5 stories to his ramp to coast down.

After watching this I found out that last year he did a different jump. He jumped a record 322+ feet OVER the length of a football field. WOW.

This dude is nuts & if you missed it -- here it is:

0 comments: