Holidays

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Its hard to believe that its almost Christmas. Working in a mall environment, I see all types of shoppers & given the state of the economy -- I can hardly believe what I see sometimes.

Sure there are the "lookers" who "will be back" but for every one of those, there's someone dropping some serious money. I can't necessarily say this holds true at my kiosk because the people we talk to are extremely fickle. They want everything free & are willing to drop the entire deal & walk if they don't get just the right deal. I'm not in the business of giving stuff away -- I'm in the business of selling.

I guess I just think its funny. People approach the kiosk with so many bags they can barely even get within yelling distance because they've dropped a wad of cash all over the mall, yet they want ME to give them everything for free. I wonder if they asked Macy's, "I've been a customer for years, can I get this sweater for free?"

Just a thought. Here's to the holidays!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 comments: