Brickyard

Monday, July 30, 2007

This past weekend my guys & I continued a relatively new found tradition -- the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. G's family is gracious enough to allow us to buy their tickets off them so we can go. Jake, G, Cobb & I have done this for the past 4-5 years & its a BLAST!

We have pretty dang good seats in between turns 1 & 2 right in the middle of the short chute.

Our day started at about 9:30am with Jake making "scrambled pancakes" then we loaded up the coolers & headed to the track. Sometimes I wonder if Cobb thinks he's in actually IN the race when we drive there -- but yeah. We have a pretty easy route to get there -- its not packed, its cheap & we park close enough to walk but far enough to not get caught in the traffic....although we walk about 2.5 miles to our seats!

We hang out, have fun, talk about the race, catch up on each others lives, & poke fun at each other (like G bringing South Beach bars to the track...yeah. We cheer on our individual favorite drivers, talk trash, then when the race is over, we trek back to the car.

I gotta say, these guys are 4 of my best friends. We've known each other since college & we have a great time whenever we hang out. I cant think of a better group of guys to have as friends & the only thing that could make it better is if Cheever could roll with us.

So guys, if youre reading this -- Thanks for being great friends. It means alot to me that we've been buds & here's to many more fun times to come.

0 comments: