Michigan: End Game

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sorry all, I got home & things got busy...not work related, mind you. Just met up with family & friends so heres the much anticipated, long-awaited closing to our Michigan trip:

So we got up & did make it back into South Haven. Mainly, we just wanted to swing by this nice little bakery to grab some home made fudge for Mel's parents -- they dig it. Kinda funny about this place, the lady who helped us cut off a piece of fudge (we asked for 1 lb.) She put it on the li'l scale thing & it came up to 1 lb. EXACTLY....I'd had never seen it before & maybe I'm really losing my mind, but I was rather impressed by that. Not .97 lb or 1.02 lbs. -- 1.00 lbs. is what the scale read. Pretty cool, so anyways the lady went on to say that it'll be a good day cuz she cut a perfect pound of fudge AND that her "mooching boyfriend" was moving out! HAHA this lady was about 55 yrs old & that comment just fell out of her mouth, AWESOME.

After that we made our way south to a few other stops, I believe Van Buren beach was one -- not too bad, except for this beach was the ROCKIEST beach I'd ever seen. I dont mean like pebbles between the toes, I mean like the size-of-my-fist-hurt-you-walking-around-on-the-beach rocks. We didnt really hang there for long, but we did manage to find a li'l spot to soak some rays.

After that we headed to St. Joseph. Pretty neat little town, about 25 minutes south. We ate at a restaurant called Schu's. It was nice, we ate outside & just enjoyed the day. Next we kinda drove around St. Joe's a bit, got a look at the beach which was kinda crowded, but we just drove by -- you could come pretty close to driving ON the beach, as close as any we had visited.

After St. Joseph, we headed to our final stop -- Warren Dunes. This place was pretty cool -- had dunes, although not as cool as Silver Lake, but this is where Mel FINALLY accomplished her mission: To swim in Lake Michigan & feel as though she was at the ocean. Not only did she do that, but she managed to get me to do the same thing! We swam in the lake for about an hour straight & I must admit, it was AWESOME!

We stuck around there for a bit then loaded up the vehicle & made our way home.

Goodbye for now, Michigan -- its been real!

0 comments: