What a weekend!

Monday, November 14, 2005

What a great weekend! First of all, our out-of-town guest was my oldest brother Rob! The reason I had to keep it on the D-L is because he was in town to surprise my other brother, Randy for his 30th birthday surprise party. Not like Randy would read this (since no one knows about it yet) or that anyone would tell him. Just for my own joy, did I keep it a secret I guess.
Anyways, not only did Rob make it back for the party but so did my parents, who live in Florida now! It was awesome and Randy was absolutely clueless about the entire thing. I was responsible for getting Randy to the party and so I drove to his house to pick him up Saturday evening. He was under the impression that we were going to hang out with some buds of mine to watch basketball all night, then maybe hit up the bars. By the time we got to the Fox and Hound, about 40 people had been there for around an hour waiting on us! He was definitely surprised as he initially thought we were walking into someone else's party.
After drinks and some food at the Fox, Randy was given another surprise by Laura -- a limo to drive them around all night! They took the limo to LuLu's in Keystone and as we hung out there for a good 20 minutes (the place was kinda "uppity" and not alot of fun) then we headed down to Broad Ripple and met up at the Red Room.
The Red Room was pretty cool, even though the last time I had been there it wasn't that great. More upbeat/dance club this time around.
I thought the night was over when my brother proceeded to tick off one of the beer tub maids there and we all left. Of course, the limo took off without Rob, who was supposed to stay at Randy's for the night. We called and got them to come back and pick him up....then Dan, Mel & I drove our 30 minute drive home.
Once we had gotten home and relaxed for about 30 minutes, my brother called to tell me he didn't have a key for his house and that we needed to drive up and get them in (he had brought his garage door opener with him to get back in later that night -- before the whole surprise party kicked off). Mel & I drove up there (about another 30 minutes away.) We got them in their house and drove all the way back home.
By the time it was all said and done, we ended up falling asleep a little after 5am. Happy Birthday, Randy....what a night.

0 comments: