Congrats

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Its great news that my best friend Graham is engaged!  He broke the news a while back but he & his fiance Julie came down with his roommate Cobb & another friend of ours Courtney for a cookout....he let us know that the plans for the wedding are going great!

G & I go way back.  We first met in Studebaker West Hall our freshman year & began as neighbors but it didn't take long to become friends.  The first week my roommate, Ryan, & I were going to go to the gym to shoot some hoops & we decided to ask the guy next door to see if he wanted to go.  G was decked out in a "wife-beater", sprawled out on his bed, munchin' on some popcorn, watching TV.... "sure, I'll go!" he said.

From that moment on, G & I were inseparable.  The next 4 yrs were spent as roommates & where ever G went, I went....& vice versa.  We hit up the party scenes together pre-fraternity, we rushed together, & we joined the same fraternity.  We lived in the dorms as roommates 1 year, then got an apartment together with Drew, then moved in with Cobb & Jake in THE BEST house on Calvert & Jackson.

After graduation, we each moved back home with our parents & after I found a job near where he grew up, I got my first apartment & it was less than 2 minutes from where he lived.  He was over all the time, which was perfect because I didn't really know anyone in the area, but it was close to work.

Then we joined forces again in an apartment with Jake, then we went on our own in an apartment for another year....then I got engaged to Mel so G moved in with Cobb & Jake after our lease was up.

You could say that G & I have probably been the most distant over the course of the last few years just because Mel & I moved to the south side after we got married & G & the guys stayed on the north side.  We still stay in touch & try to get together as often as possible but with schedules as crazy as they are -- I don't get to hang with G nearly as much as I'd like.

I was taken aback when G asked me to be his best man.  He was my best man, but given that we don't get to see each other that much, I would've been honored to just be in attendance at his wedding, let alone play this big role.  It really means a lot to me that he wants me to be his best man & I am extremely happy that he asked.

So, to wrap up..... Graham & Julie, congrats on the engagement.  This next year of planning will fly by & before you know it, it'll be the big day.  We are excited to see you two venture into the best part of your life....life together as a married couple.

1 comments:

Ryan and Heather said...

Yay! Congrats to Graham! For some reason I always thought you and Graham knew each other prior to BSU. Anyway, I'll let Ryan know you gave him a shout out. ;)