Good News - Greenwood here I come!

Sunday, May 06, 2007

After living in Greenwood but working in Castleton for 2 years -- I've finally gotten the opportunity to transfer south to the Greenwood Store. This is awesome on many levels, yet scary on others.

First & foremost, the store is literally 10 minutes from my house. I'll be closer to my house, Mel, Nala -- all of the family that lives in Greenwood. Randy is never too far away at his place either, so hopefully this will allow me to see him more with Cy & Nettie.

The opportunities that will arise in this new venture will be pretty exciting too. They're planning on re-locating the Greenwood Store to a bigger, better site in the coming months. This will allow me to experience the trials & tribulations that come with transferring/opening a new store. The manager of the store is a pretty well-respected figure as is her boss, my new DM.

Some of the bummers of the deal is that I have been in the district around Indianapolis for my entire 5 year career at Verizon Wireless. The friends, colleagues & contacts I've made up there have been great - & will hopefully continue to be.

While this is a big move for me, all-in-all I feel it will be great for my career & allow me to further my successes with the company!

1 comments:

Maya said...

Congrats! That'll be great for you to be closer to home!