Stomach Flu = WORST TIME OF YOUR LIFE

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Okay, so I just got over the stomach flu -- it began Monday night as I went to Circuit City in Castleton to help my boy John with his inventory counts. I had a full feeling - not really a stomach ache, but just felt full. However, about 20 minutes into the 40 minute drive I broke out into a cold sweat & really began to not feel well. I'm sure you'd all not really care to hear the details, but long story short: I hit the restroom a few times while I was at the store & right when I got home that night. I've been laid out since Monday night.

To make matters worse -- I was supposed to go to training for work this week in Detroit. I really thought I could pull through Tuesday. I was supposed to fly out Tuesday around 6:30 & be there for training...then fly back Friday afternoon. I actually got out of the shower & laid out my clothes that I was going to take with me. I had to cave in & call my District Manager to inform him that I just couldn't fly. It was really the training that had me worried, it was the being in another city, no one to contact in case something went wrong. Plus, I was highly contagious so it wouldn't have been good anyways.

I've never called in sick a day in my life that I can remember & it actually upset me to do that this week. I dunno, I guess it happens to everyone at some time in their life.

I am feeling better & returning to work tomorrow -- back to the grind after a long month of training.

PS - Sorry John, I didn't know what I had, let alone that I was contagious. Get well soon!

0 comments: