$$$$

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm not sure why I came up with this entry. I guess its just on my mind. I'm talking about the lottery. I was just thinking today....(oddly enough, while I was at work - imagine that) But, I was thinking...I could SO hit the lottery. And I don't even need the huge jackpot, I'd settle for a couple million. Something REASONABLE, you know....Like $15-$20 million. I mean, seriously, I'm looking to take care of our families first off. Then save, invest, and donate...you know the standard stuff. Then I'd pay off credit card debt, pay the bills, get a new house, couple cars. But I'm not even talking extravagant, I'm talking like NICE cars, NICE house, but I'm not gonna be cruisin' in Ferraris or rockin' that house that sits WAAAAY back off the road that you can only see the first 20 feet of the drive as it bends around through the plethora of trees that line the country road it wouldn't be on. Nah, just some NICE things.

This isn't too much to ask is it? I guess my point is....I'd rather worry about what to DO with all my money than worry about MAKING the money. I would probably do something to keep me entertained, buy a sports team a la Mark Cuban or something, but I just wont "work" in the full sense of the word.

I think my first problem is that I don't play the lottery. Whats the saying, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" We'll, I take my shots - its just I throw up the half-courter when the lottery hits its all-time high. You know, when the odds are at their complete worst. I need to do the scratch-offs. Once I master those, then I can move up to Hoosier Lottery. Once I hit that a few times, I can try my hand at Powerball. After that, I'll have enough to INVENT a lottery. The Lucky Super Mega Power Incredi-Lottery....yeah, thats what I'd do.

I dunno, I don't think I'm asking too much here. Can't I get a break? If you ask me, I think this sounds like a plan -- "Mel? Wheres my wallet, I gotta run to Marsh." ;o)

0 comments: